NOVEL ION EXCHANGE FIBERS FOR WASTEWATER TREATMENT FROM HEAVY METAL IONS
M.K. Abdukhakimov, I.T. Garipov, R.A. Khaydarov1, O.U. Gapurova, I.I. Sadikov, T.K. Praveen, S.Y. Evgrafova
Annotation. Since the last century the fiber sorbents are known to have excellent kinetic characteristics due to their physic–chemical structure. Their major advantages include a large specific surface, a high swelling capacity, a good mechanical strength and convenient use. Therefore the development of new types of ion exchange fibers is attracting attention from many laboratories all over the world. In the present study novel cation and anion exchange fibers for the removal of metal ions from wastewater have been developed. The effective removal of Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II), Zn(II), Sr(II), Cd(II), Sb(II), Cs(I), Cr(VI) ions and molecules labeled by radionuclides from model or waste water by the newly developed fibrous sorbents has been achieved. The adsorption properties of the cation and anion exchange fibers have been shown to depend on the pH value.
Keywords: Polyester, Cation Exchange, Anion Exchange, Fiber Sorbent, Wastewater Treatment.
For citation: Abdukhakimov M.K., Garipov I.T., Khaydarov1 R.A., Khaydarov R.R., Gapurova O.U., Sadikov I.I., T.K. Praveen, Evgrafova S.Yu. [Novel ion exchange fibers for wastewater treatment from heavy metal ions]. Upravleniye tekhnosferoi, 2021, vol. 4, issue 1. Available at: f-ing.udsu.ru/technosphere С. 88–97. DOI: doi.org/10.34828/UdSU.2021.81.56.002 pdf 557kb
- Luqman I. M. Ion Exchange Technology I – Theory and Materials, Springer Science & Business Media., 2012
- Kragten J. Atlas of Metal-Ligand Equilibria in Aqueous Solution, Ellis Horwood Ltd., Chichester, 1978
- Nemilova, T.V., Emets, L.V., Nemilov, V.N. et al. Fibre Chem, 1996, 28: 381. doi: 10.1007/BF01061000.
- Zverev M. P. Fibroid chemosorbents, Chemistry, Moscow, 1981
- Khaydarov R. A, Khaydarov R. R., Cho S., Natural disaster: prevention of drinking water scarcity, Threats to Global Water Security (Jones, J. et. al.: Eds.), Springer, Netherlands, 1981, pp. 381 – 384.
- Khaydarov R.A, Gapurova O., Khaydarov R.R, Cho S.Y. Fibroid Sorbents For Water Purification, in Modern Tools and Methods of Water Treatment for Improving Living Standards, NATO Science Series, 1V. Earth and Environmental Sciences, 2005, vol. 48, pp. 101 – 108
- Khaydarov R.A, Khaydarov R.R. Purification of drinking water from 134, 137Cs, 89, 90Sr, 60Co and 129I, in Medical Treatment of Intoxication and Decontamination of Chemical Agent in the Area of Terrorist Attack, NATO Science Series –A: Chemistry and Biology, 2006, vol. 1, pp. 171 – 181.
- Khaydarov R. A, Khaydarov R. R Environmental Change in the Aral Sea Region: New Approaches to Water Treatment in Environmental Change and Human Security: Recognizing and Acting on Hazard Impacts, NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security, Springer Netherlands, 2008, pp. 433 – 447.
- Ashirov A. Ion-exchange purification of waste water, solutions and gases, Chemistry, Leningrad, USSR.,1983
- Zverev, M. P. Fibre Chem, 1994, 25: 498. doi: 10.1007/BF00550794.
- Astapov A.V., Peregudov Y. S., Kopylova V. D. et al. (2010) The hydration characteristics of chemisorption fiber VION KN-1 in the nickel and zinc forms. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2010, vol. 84, pp 491–494.
- Khaydarov R.R., Gapurova O. U., Khaydarov R.A etc «The Application of Fibrous Ion-Exchange Sorbents for Water Treatment and the Purification of Gaseous Mixtures», Advances in Materials Science Research, Nova Science Publishers, 2017, vol. 30, pp. 229 – 239
- M. Young The Technical Writer's Handbook. Mill Valley, CA: University Science.,1989
- Khaydarov R.A., Khaydarov R.R., Gapurova O.U., Nasirova N. (2013) VOC Degradation in the Atmosphere by Nanophotocatalysts. In: Barnes, I (ed) Disposal of Dangerous Chemicals in Urban Areas and Mega Cities, NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security.- Springer (Netherlands), 2013, pp. 139 – 150
- Khaydarov R.R., Khaydarov R.A., Mironov V., Gapurova O. Malikov Sh. Using fibrous sorbents for water treatment from radionuclides. Uzbek Journal of Physics. Tashkent, 2007, vol. 9(2), pp. 144 – 150
About the Authors
Abdukhakimov Murodjon Kakhramonovich
graduate student, Laboratory of Interdisciplinary Technologies, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Garipov Ilnur Tagirovich
graduate student, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 100214, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Professor, doctor of technical Sciences, head of the Department of scientific instrumentation. The author inserted posthumously. Institute of Nuclear Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 100214, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Khaidarov Renat Rashidovich
Candidate of Phys.-Math Sci., Head of Laboratory, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 100214, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Gapurova Olga Urumbaevna
Candidate of Chemical Sciences, Junior Researcher, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 100214, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Sadikov Ilkham Ismailovich
Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor, Laboratory of Interdisciplinary Technologies, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences, 100214, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Praveen Thaggikuppe Krishnamurthy
PhD, Professor, Department Head, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, The Nilgiris
Tamil Nadu, India.
Evgrafova Svetlana Yuryevna
Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor, Senior Researcher, Federal
State Budget Scientific Institution “Federal Research Center“ Krasnoyarsk Scientific Center of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences ”, Forest Institute named after V.N. Sukachev, 660036, Krasnoyarsk, Akademgorodok, no. 50/28, Russia.